Tanusri Sengupta - An Ordinary Woman Who Dreams High To Be A Role Model After Becoming Haut Monde Mrs India Worldwide 2018 Finalist

“We know what we are, but know not what we may be.” - William Shakespeare
It’s About Me - An Ordinary Woman:
A simple story of the journey of an ordinary Woman – a daughter, a sister, a professional, a wife, a daughter-in-law and a mother – to a Role Model and an inspiration to more such ordinary women.
I, Tanusri Sengupta was born in Kolkata, India. I am the first child of my parents, Debjani and Asit Kumar Sengupta. My brother, Arnab, is 4 years younger to me. We were raised in a small town, Bandel, suburbs of Kolkata, due to my father’s transferable job. We got educated in the town schools. Since it was a town, we did not get all the facilities of a city life but still had the opportunity to grow up in the midst of lush green atmosphere. Everything was going great until I fell severely ill.
I was in the 10th standard; in the midst of my semester, when I was diagnosed with acute anaemia and had been hospitalized. I was in the verge of life and death. My father donated me two bottles of blood. That was the time when my father taught me that life is an exciting rollercoaster journey of ups & downs, which must be cherished with a smile. I fought with my illness strongly and recovered in 3 months. I recovered but not completely, as severe health problems like acute asthma, migraine, cyst and so on started to occur. In the meanwhile, my grandfather, who was dearest to me, departed us for his heavenly abode. It was a shock for the entire family. I consoled myself and became the strength of my mother and grandmother. At the age of twenty, I learnt my first lesson of moving on in life with more strength, focus and fitness. I focussed on my fitness and overcame all the barriers of health problems.
Then after post graduating, I got married to my childhood friend after little opposition from my relatives.
After marriage, all of a sudden our love was over shadowed with the feeling of responsibility for each other. We started to work hard to earn good living and better lifestyle but at the cost of quality time for each other. Our marriage was not working, at times we felt. Then, we were blessed with our son, Ankit. I left my job in the mid way to take care of my child and to save my marriage. I had a feeling that in this situation I was losing myself and gradually realized that the only problem in between us was the lack of understanding. Love was nevertheless, it was just overshadowed. We were not finding that spark in our marriage.
In the meantime, I came across 10 years of my marriage. I tried to focus on what exactly needed to repair, as there were no lesser feelings of love for each other and felt strongly that to feel for each other we need to part our ways for some time. I knew it was a risk, I was going to take. Anything could had happened. But I had no option left. I wanted to give space to each other. So I decided to visit my brother in USA along with son for a month. I suppressed all my love in my heart but with the hope, “distance makes love grow fonder”, I kept smiling and challenged myself that now I should grow as a 21st century woman.
I gained confidence, learnt to control my emotions and the art of keeping smiling. I grew as a mother, as a confidant woman, became fearless and started loving myself.
Perhaps, this was the best trip in my life because this trip had made me learn how to stay happy even in contrast situations. While we were returning from USA, my husband flew to Dubai to receive us. It was totally a surprise. He gifted me a ring and shared his feeling of loneliness from the moment I left him.
We felt that relationships should not be dragged. At times we need to be fearless to leave it for some time. “If you love someone, set them free. If they come back they're yours; if they don't they never were.” - Richard Bach
As I came back, I thought to restart my career. That was a huge decision I had to make because I had to settle my son. Although everything fell in place now, I come back from office and sit with him to help him in his homework. I never forget to ask him, “Beta, how was your day today?” I enriched my time management skills and professionalism.
Now I have learnt to manage time for others also. I teach the daughters of mashi (my domestic helper) which brings me immense happiness. I feel great when they come with a smile after their results, which are my true rewards. It’s true that an empowered woman can empower another woman. I feel good to know that not I am an inspiration for my friends, neighbours and relatives. I participate in various fun-filled sports / activities across the city such as Marathon, Night Cycling, Zumba, etc.
As I went on discovering myself as a woman, opportunities like Next Nandini (Kolkata based beauty pageat) knocked my door. I tried my luck. Although it was a local beauty pageant of last year, it had made me feel that age is just a number. I was amongst the top finalists.
Now, I got selected as the finalist of an International beauty pageant for Indian married women across the globe. Haut Monde has given wings to my dreams. I, Mrs India Worldwide Finalist 2018, am waiting for my dreams to take off.
God have created women as their most beautiful creations. As a woman, I am portraying all the roles of my life. So, I believe - if I can, then anyone can. One needs to be healthy, confident, hardworking and fearless, focussed and be true to oneself.
As I traverse this walk of life as the finalist of an upcoming International beauty pageant, I find my childhood dream of changing a bit of the world to its betterment is coming true. I feel delighted and blessed to justify all the roles of a woman skilfully which in turn makes me a Woman of Substance in true sense.

I believe in change & I am the change.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tips - Solution To Few Problems

Celebrity Birthdays, Happy Birthday Of Celebrities, Celebrity Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday, Birthday Of Favorite Celebrity, Hollywood Celebrity Birthdays, Famous Birthdays, Birthday Of Famous People